Community gym celebrates fourth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A community gym is celebrating its fourth anniversary.
Loddon Community Gym, which was set up in 2014, now has more than 140 members and continues to go from strength to strength.
The gym offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where users are able to improve their fitness levels at their own pace. New equipment is introduced from time to time to add to the interest.
Members also have one-to-one access to Louise Proctor, a Level 3 personal trainer and advanced fitness instructor, who is also qualified to help those referred to the gym by local medical practices.
Dennis Passingham, chairman of the gym, said: “As a not-for-profit, community-based organisation, we pride ourselves on being affordable and accessible. “Unlike some big commercial providers our emphasis is not on achieving a perfect body but rather on improving health, flexibility and mobility, and it is very rewarding to see such improvements in our users.”
You may also want to watch:
The gym operates from Jubilee Hall in Loddon, and is currently open to anyone over 16 on Mondays from 1.30pm to 6pm, Tuesdays from 4.30pm to 8.30pm and on Fridays from 10am to 1pm.
For more information visit www.loddoncommunitygym.com or call Louise on 07534946143.
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 6 Decision made on East Suffolk council tax freeze
- 7 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 'Critical milestone' as replica chimneys installed on hospital revamp project