Loddon company’s role with F1 teams
STAFF at an award-winning engineering company will have more reason than many to be anticipating the start of the 2011 F1 Season – having helped produce key components of at least four of the leading team’s cars.
Mussett Engineering and Composites, which is based in Loddon, has a longstanding reputation in the motorsport world and has this year been helping create parts in metal and carbon fibre for Virgin, Red Bull, Lotus Renault and Team Lotus.
The new F1 season is now just days away and is expected to see the two British drivers Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton again fighting for a place at the top of the leader board.
Founder and managing director of the Mussett Group, Gordon Mussett, said he is looking forward to seeing the cars featuring parts made by his staff in use around the world.
He said: “For a long time, one of the key areas of our work has been automotive, but this year we have produced more for the F1 teams than previously. This is due to our composite facility which gives us the ability to offer a full package to the teams and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“The staff love being involved in projects for such high profile sports, and it creates a huge sense of satisfaction to be able to watch the racing and know that our relatively unknown Norfolk company has played such a part.”
The components created for the F1 cars include everything from suspension, to wings, to critical structural parts made in composite.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
Mussetts’ composites division also carries out work for Formula 2 and completes historic Formula 1 restoration work.
Mr Mussett said: ‘I am enormously proud of my team of staff. This company has been developed over the last 35 years on superb loyalty, skill and enthusiasm.”
The 2011 F1 season gets under way with the Quantas Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on Sunday, March 27.