Loddon Flower Club celebrates diamond anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Champagne was popped and cake enjoyed as Loddon Flower Club celebrated its 60th anniversary.
Current and founding members congregated at Hobart High School, in Kittens Lane, last week to toast the club’s long running success.
A selection of photo albums and scrapbooks from the 1970s to present day were on display and members reminisced about past demonstrations and flower festivals.
To celebrate the group’s 60th year together a flower festival is set to take place from Friday, September 21, to Sunday, September 23, at Holy Trinity Church, Loddon.
The festival will be called ‘The 1950s’ and organisers are appealing for anyone with photographs relating to the Flower Club from that time to get in touch to help create a nostalgic display.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the weekend will be donated to Parkinson’s UK and Loddon Church.
For more details contact Margaret on 01508 520 135 or Tricia on 01508 520 273.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay