Toilet block to be sold at auction
A toilet block which has not been used for 18 months is set to go under the hammer.
With a guide price of £5,000 to £10,000, the public convenience block off Church Plain in Loddon will be up for sale at Barnham Broom Golf Club on Wednesday, July 31.
Starting from 11.30am, the auction will give bidders the opportunity to acquire a "detached property which currently houses ladies, gents and disabled toilets".
Auction notes from estate agent William H Brown say the building "could offer a variety of uses such as retail, cafe, florists, office", subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission.
The block, located in the centre of Loddon by the main car park, was closed in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
A need for refurbishment and the availability of modern facilities at Loddon Staithe were deemed to provide sufficient reasoning for the closure.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 5 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 6 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award