Driver dies after crashing into tree
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after his car left the road and crashed into a tree.
The crash happened just after midnight this morning (Saturday, October 6) on Loddon Road in Kirby Cane, near Loddon.
The man, who was driving a grey Peugeot 307 and is aged in his 40s, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with life threatening injuries where he later died.
Fire crews from Loddon and Bungay used hydraulic rescue equipment to get the man out of the car and into the care of the ambulance service.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the manner of driving before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference NC-06102018-29.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed