Mother launches slimming club to inspire others after losing more than three-and-a-half stone
- Credit: Archant
A Bungay woman, who regained her confidence after losing more than three-and-half stone, is hoping to inspire others with the launch of her own slimming club.
Chelsea Long, 31, has launched a Slimming World group at Hobart High School in Loddon on Wednesday evenings.
In 2012 Ms Long was 13st 5lb and constantly felt self-conscious about her size.
She said: “On nights out with friends, I would spend literally hours getting ready, trying on one outfit after another.
“I was never happy with how I looked and would often console myself at the end of the night with a kebab or a pizza.”
You may also want to watch:
Her turning point came one evening when sharing a takeaway with her family.
She said: “Everyone had two platefuls and I went up for four. Everyone was gobsmacked at how much I had eaten and I felt embarrassed. I decided enough was enough.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 9 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 10 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
In a bid to lose weight Ms long decided to give Slimming World a try.
She said: “I started following Slimming World at home, as my friend’s mums was going to a group.
“Although I lost a bit of weight, I felt that I really needed the motivation and support of a group to keep me on track.
“After having my little girl and spending nine months using the excuse ‘I’m eating for two’, I was certainly ready to join a group and I’m so glad I did.
“As soon as I walked through the doors I was made to feel comfortable and very welcome.”
Ms Long lost 7lb in her first week with the group, and as she continued to shed the weight her self-confidence blossomed.
She added: “I looked forward to going to group every week as everyone was so friendly and supportive – even when I had a bad week on or off the scales; hearing about other people’s journeys and successes inspired me and spurred me on even more.”
In May the 31-year-old reached her target weight of 10st and is hoping to inspire and encourage others with the launch of her group,
She added: “Since being at Slimming World, I have found the confidence to join my local gym - I cannot wait to help others achieve their dream.”
To learn more about the new Sliming World club run by Ms Long call 07947 220 994.