Young footballers celebrate unbeaten season
- Credit: Archant
A young team of promising footballers are celebrating after going unbeaten for a whole season.
Loddon United Grasshoppers Under-7s picked up trophies for both the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League and the Sports Club International competition.
This is the first season the team has been managed by Lee Soloman and Kevin Williams.
Mr Williams said: “We are so pleased with the effort they have put in this season and their attitude to the game.
“They are such a nice bunch of lads and have been great to work with.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had an excellent season, which started with just one team in the league and finished with two under-7 teams and two players also training with Norwich and Ipswich player development centre.
“We would like to give a special thanks to the parents and supporters.”
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
Loddon United will be hosting a family fun and presentation day at Jubilee Hall, in George Lane, on Saturday, June 2, with stalls, a bouncy castle and football games.