Young footballers celebrate unbeaten season
- Credit: Archant
A young team of promising footballers are celebrating after going unbeaten for a whole season.
Loddon United Grasshoppers Under-7s picked up trophies for both the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League and the Sports Club International competition.
This is the first season the team has been managed by Lee Soloman and Kevin Williams.
Mr Williams said: “We are so pleased with the effort they have put in this season and their attitude to the game.
“They are such a nice bunch of lads and have been great to work with.
“We have had an excellent season, which started with just one team in the league and finished with two under-7 teams and two players also training with Norwich and Ipswich player development centre.
“We would like to give a special thanks to the parents and supporters.”
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 10 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
Loddon United will be hosting a family fun and presentation day at Jubilee Hall, in George Lane, on Saturday, June 2, with stalls, a bouncy castle and football games.