Halesworth duo to complete London Moonwalk and raise money for cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Two Halesworth women are coming together to complete an epic nighttime challenge and raise money to help those battling breast cancer.
Christine Jeffery and Linda Hopkins are set to take part in the London Moonwalk on Saturday, May 12.
The 26.2 miles nighttime event is organised by Walk the Walk - a grant making charity which funds research into causes of breast cancer.
The pair, who are hoping to raise £400, have been training for the challenge since January.
Ms Hopkins said: “Christine and I think that it is important in life to set yourself challenges, and we both love walking, so what better way to do it than taking part in the London Moonwalk to raise money for breast cancer charities.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had friends and relatives affected by cancer so, to us it makes sense to do the walk and hopefully raise sponsorship.”
To help the ladies and donate visit: moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/linda-17
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47