Halesworth duo to complete London Moonwalk and raise money for cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Two Halesworth women are coming together to complete an epic nighttime challenge and raise money to help those battling breast cancer.
Christine Jeffery and Linda Hopkins are set to take part in the London Moonwalk on Saturday, May 12.
The 26.2 miles nighttime event is organised by Walk the Walk - a grant making charity which funds research into causes of breast cancer.
The pair, who are hoping to raise £400, have been training for the challenge since January.
Ms Hopkins said: “Christine and I think that it is important in life to set yourself challenges, and we both love walking, so what better way to do it than taking part in the London Moonwalk to raise money for breast cancer charities.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had friends and relatives affected by cancer so, to us it makes sense to do the walk and hopefully raise sponsorship.”
To help the ladies and donate visit: moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/linda-17
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day