Halesworth duo to complete London Moonwalk and raise money for cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Two Halesworth women are coming together to complete an epic nighttime challenge and raise money to help those battling breast cancer.
Christine Jeffery and Linda Hopkins are set to take part in the London Moonwalk on Saturday, May 12.
The 26.2 miles nighttime event is organised by Walk the Walk - a grant making charity which funds research into causes of breast cancer.
The pair, who are hoping to raise £400, have been training for the challenge since January.
Ms Hopkins said: “Christine and I think that it is important in life to set yourself challenges, and we both love walking, so what better way to do it than taking part in the London Moonwalk to raise money for breast cancer charities.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had friends and relatives affected by cancer so, to us it makes sense to do the walk and hopefully raise sponsorship.”
To help the ladies and donate visit: moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/linda-17
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight