Faulty swing bridge forces trains to go slow
- Credit: Mick Howes
Commuters are facing disruption after some rail services have been affected by a fault on a river swing bridge.
Train services between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South are having "to run at reduced speed on all lines,” according to Greater Anglia.
With the first train affected being the 10.07am Lowestoft to Ipswich service, a statement on the Greater Anglia website said: "Train services between Lowestoft and Ipswich are being disrupted due to loss of signal detection on the swing bridge.
"As a result, the trains will be cautioned over the bridge until further notice. Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised."
Network Rail engineers have been informed and they are on their way to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
According to Greater Anglia, disruption is expected "until further notice."
Visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/ for further details.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Village pub opens brand new café
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend