Lucy gets set for marathon challenge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
She will be running her first marathon in just over a week’s time - but Lucy Woodburn said she will think of the people her fundraising will help to see her over the finish line.
Although she is a member of a small running club in Chedgrave she says she isn’t a serious runner, but is looking forward to the challenge of the 26 mile London Marathon course and raising money for the Chedgrave MS Therapy Centre.
The centre provides hyperbaric oxygen therapy to people with multiple sclerosis and cancer, and to help heal wounds and bones - the person breathes oxygen under high pressure which is believed to aid healing.
“I live close to the centre and I jumped at the chance to raise money for them,” said the veterinary nurse who works for the Three Rivers Veterinary Group.
“It’s a really nice centre and a very friendly place. People can ask questions about their condition and talk to others. It’s just a nice and reassuring place.”
You may also want to watch:
The 49-year-old has so far raised more than £2,000 and is hoping a tendon injury she picked up during her training will not stop her from completing the world-renowned event.
“I’m excited and nervous about the marathon but unfortunately too much training too soon has inflamed my tendon. But I’ve been seeing a physio and working on a training schedule.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
“I think I’ll be quite slow and I just hope it doesn’t hurt too much. My sister-in-law has MS so I will think of her when I run.
“I’m very pleased with the amount I have raised so far, my colleges and the clients have been really great.”
To sponsor Lucy, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LucyWoodburn
For more information about the Chedgrave MS Therapy Centre, visit www.oxygentherapynorfolk.org.uk