Man charged with assaulting a police officer in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assaulting a police officer and using threatening and abusive behaviour towards two police officers following an incident in Bungay.
The incident saw a firearms unit and roads policing officers called to Garden Close at around 2.40pm on Saturday.
It also saw a brief police chase of a BMW 520 car after it failed to stop on Trinity Street, eventually being located in Garden Close.
The driver was then helped to resist arrest by a teenage boy, leading to an officer being assaulted with one sustaining facial injuries.
Both people then ran into a house and a short time later the man came to the door with a knife and made threats to officers.
You may also want to watch:
Luthfur Ahmed, 25, of Garden Close, Bungay, has been charged with assaulting a police officer and using threatening behaviour.
A 17-year-old boy from Bungay arrested on suspicion of obstructing police was released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 8 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
Ahmed has been bailed to appear before Great Yarmouth Magistrates’ Court on June 13.