Man drove while banned to earn bonus
A 26-YEAR-old drove while disqualified so that he could get to work to earn his Christmas bonus, a court heard yesterday.David Perry, of Joyce Road in Bungay, admitted driving his girlfriend's Ford Fiesta on December 5 even though he had been banned earlier in the year.
A 26-YEAR-old drove while disqualified so that he could get to work to earn his Christmas bonus, a court heard yesterday.
David Perry, of Joyce Road in Bungay, admitted driving his girlfriend's Ford Fiesta on December 5 even though he had been banned earlier in the year.
Colette Griffiths, prosecuting, told Lowestoft magistrates court yesterday that Perry was stopped by police near his home and when they checked his records, they found that he had been banned from driving.
She said that Perry told police he thought his disqualification had ended in November, when it was actually due to run until next month.
You may also want to watch:
James Hartley, for Perry, said that Perry needed to get to work at a turkey factory because he was working extra shifts in the build up to Christmas. He said: “He was going to drive to work on that day because his lift had let him down. He works nights and needed to make up the time to get his Christmas bonus.”
Perry was sentenced to 12 weeks in prison for driving while disqualified, suspended for 12 months. His disqualification has also been extended for a further six months.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
He was given a six month community order, for which he will be subject to a curfew on Saturday and Sunday nights, and ordered to pay �60 costs.