Man released on bail after fatal crash
A MAN has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in Beccles in the early hours of SundayEmergency services were called at shortly before 2.
A MAN has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in Beccles in the early hours of Sunday
Emergency services were called at shortly before 2.45am to the A146 near the Worlingham roundabout to a single car that had left the road. In a second incident a green Vauxhall Astra collided with the car.
A passenger of the first car, a 46-year-old man believed to be from the Beccles area, was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not yet been formally identified.
The male driver was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with minor injuries, as was a female passenger from the Astra.
You may also want to watch:
The A146 was closed until 12.45pm while a collision investigation took place.
The 40-year-old man from Beccles who was arrested has been released on police bail to return to Lowestoft Police Station on May 23.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
Any witnesses should call the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.