Man released on bail after fatal crash
A MAN has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in Beccles in the early hours of SundayEmergency services were called at shortly before 2.
A MAN has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in Beccles in the early hours of Sunday
Emergency services were called at shortly before 2.45am to the A146 near the Worlingham roundabout to a single car that had left the road. In a second incident a green Vauxhall Astra collided with the car.
A passenger of the first car, a 46-year-old man believed to be from the Beccles area, was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not yet been formally identified.
The male driver was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with minor injuries, as was a female passenger from the Astra.
You may also want to watch:
The A146 was closed until 12.45pm while a collision investigation took place.
The 40-year-old man from Beccles who was arrested has been released on police bail to return to Lowestoft Police Station on May 23.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated
Any witnesses should call the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.