Man sought over pestering Halesworth teenager
POLICE need to trace a man after he offered a 16-year-old girl a lift in Norwich Road, Halesworth, around 6.55am on Friday morning, September 24.
The teenager was waiting for the Norwich bus at the stop opposite Hammonds garage when a light blue/turquoise car stopped alongside her.
The driver, described as white, in his mid 20s to early 30s, with ginger or brown collar length hair then tried to strike up a conversation with her.
He said he was heading in the Norwich direction and offered her a lift, which she refused.
The man then became more persistent saying he could take her to her destination and tried to persuade her to get into the car.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager refused and eventually he drove off.
Officers are also investigating reports that the man, who was wearing a black long sleeved top, could have approached at least one other woman at the bus stop before, but that this was not reported to police at the time.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
Anyone with information should call PC Green at Halesworth on 01986 835300.