Man tried to pull girl into car
A MAN tried to pull a 14-year-old girl into his car in Bungay last night.The girl was walking home along Upper Olland Street around 8.10pm, and was near the Rose Lane junction, when a car drove past her, did a U-turn, and approached her.
A MAN tried to pull a 14-year-old girl into his car in Bungay last night.
The girl was walking home along Upper Olland Street around 8.10pm, and was near the Rose Lane junction, when a car drove past her, did a U-turn, and approached her.
The man was driving a car described as small and red, and he asked her if she wanted a lift. The girl refused and then the man told her to get into the car. She again refused but the man grabbed her arm through the open window of the vehicle and tried to pull her towards the car.
The 14-year-old screamed, managed to pull away and ran home.
You may also want to watch:
The man police need to trace is described as white with a tanned complexion, in his mid 30s to mid 40s, of slim build, with bags under his eyes, short dark hair that was spiky at the front and bushy eyebrows.
Police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time last night, regardless of whether you think you saw anything of use, and anyone with information about the man or the small red car.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Anyone with information is asked to call Beccles CID on 01986 835300.