Man tried to pull girl into car
A MAN tried to pull a 14-year-old girl into his car in Bungay last night.The girl was walking home along Upper Olland Street around 8.10pm, and was near the Rose Lane junction, when a car drove past her, did a U-turn, and approached her.
A MAN tried to pull a 14-year-old girl into his car in Bungay last night.
The girl was walking home along Upper Olland Street around 8.10pm, and was near the Rose Lane junction, when a car drove past her, did a U-turn, and approached her.
The man was driving a car described as small and red, and he asked her if she wanted a lift. The girl refused and then the man told her to get into the car. She again refused but the man grabbed her arm through the open window of the vehicle and tried to pull her towards the car.
The 14-year-old screamed, managed to pull away and ran home.
You may also want to watch:
The man police need to trace is described as white with a tanned complexion, in his mid 30s to mid 40s, of slim build, with bags under his eyes, short dark hair that was spiky at the front and bushy eyebrows.
Police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time last night, regardless of whether you think you saw anything of use, and anyone with information about the man or the small red car.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
Anyone with information is asked to call Beccles CID on 01986 835300.