Marvel actress to bring star quality to Macbeth adaptation
- Credit: Archant
An actress who appeared in a Marvel blockbuster is set to feature in a modern-day take on Macbeth.
All Hail Macbeth, which tells an imagined backstory of the Three Witches in the Shakespearian classic, will be performed at Bungay's Fisher Theatre on Thursday, July 11.
The comedy-drama stars Linda Duan, perhaps best known for her role in the critically-acclaimed film adaptation of Doctor Strange, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
Produced by Packing Shed, set up to promote original work from the eastern region, the show sees the scheming trio trying to make sense of their lives in the 21st century.
"We wanted to give the witches a voice and a back story," said Elly Kent-Dyson, actor and co-writer. "In Shakespeare's play we know nothing about them, apart from the fact they lead Macbeth to his demise.
You may also want to watch:
"We wanted to make them real, give them personalities and answer the question 'why were they there, on the heath, to meet Macbeth'."
Tickets for the show, also being performed in Great Yarmouth, can be booked online or by calling 01986 897130.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143