Meet the new Miss Beccles and the Carnival Princesses
- Credit: Archant
The search is over for this year’s Miss Beccles as a woman born and raised in the town is chosen at a ceremony at the Public Hall.
Christine Soanes will take over from last year’s winner Evangaline Robinson in representing Beccles at various events throughout 2015, starting with the Halesworth Carnival on June 14.
The 32-year-old, who is mother to Bobby, 11, and Ollie, three, said she is proud to be representing the town.
“I am really looking forward to the forthcoming year and meeting lots of new people along the way at different events,” said the Morrisons shop assistant. “It is a great honour to be crowned Miss Beccles and such an achievement.
“I’d always lacked in confidence to do something like this, but I’m not now so I decided to go for it. I love Beccles and a little girl who came into my work thought I looked like a fairy princess so this made me decide to enter.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Beccles and her two Carnival Princesses, 13-year-old Hannah Borton and Bethany Newley aged nine, were selected by a panel of judges.
Annette Tackley, Beccles Carnival coordinator, said: “It was lovely to see two girls re-enter the princess competition again this year after not being successful in the past and then go on to win the titles.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 5 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 6 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
“It shows if you re-enter you do stand a chance of getting picked the next year as we always have different judges.”
Beccles Lido will benefit from funds raised during Miss Beccles’ reign, while Hannah has chosen Rose Cottage Cat Rescue in Bungay as her charity and Bethany has chosen St Elizabeth Hospice.
Miss Beccles and her princesses will be taking pride of place at Beccles Carnival on August 15 and 16, leading the parade through the town.
If you would like Miss Beccles and her princesses to attend your event call 01502 715671 or email email@example.com.