Meet the new Miss Beccles and the Carnival Princesses
- Credit: Archant
The search is over for this year’s Miss Beccles as a woman born and raised in the town is chosen at a ceremony at the Public Hall.
Christine Soanes will take over from last year’s winner Evangaline Robinson in representing Beccles at various events throughout 2015, starting with the Halesworth Carnival on June 14.
The 32-year-old, who is mother to Bobby, 11, and Ollie, three, said she is proud to be representing the town.
“I am really looking forward to the forthcoming year and meeting lots of new people along the way at different events,” said the Morrisons shop assistant. “It is a great honour to be crowned Miss Beccles and such an achievement.
“I’d always lacked in confidence to do something like this, but I’m not now so I decided to go for it. I love Beccles and a little girl who came into my work thought I looked like a fairy princess so this made me decide to enter.”
Miss Beccles and her two Carnival Princesses, 13-year-old Hannah Borton and Bethany Newley aged nine, were selected by a panel of judges.
Annette Tackley, Beccles Carnival coordinator, said: “It was lovely to see two girls re-enter the princess competition again this year after not being successful in the past and then go on to win the titles.
- 1 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 2 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
“It shows if you re-enter you do stand a chance of getting picked the next year as we always have different judges.”
Beccles Lido will benefit from funds raised during Miss Beccles’ reign, while Hannah has chosen Rose Cottage Cat Rescue in Bungay as her charity and Bethany has chosen St Elizabeth Hospice.
Miss Beccles and her princesses will be taking pride of place at Beccles Carnival on August 15 and 16, leading the parade through the town.
If you would like Miss Beccles and her princesses to attend your event call 01502 715671 or email email@example.com.