Meet the new Miss Beccles and the Carnival Princesses
- Credit: Archant
The search is over for this year’s Miss Beccles as a woman born and raised in the town is chosen at a ceremony at the Public Hall.
Christine Soanes will take over from last year’s winner Evangaline Robinson in representing Beccles at various events throughout 2015, starting with the Halesworth Carnival on June 14.
The 32-year-old, who is mother to Bobby, 11, and Ollie, three, said she is proud to be representing the town.
“I am really looking forward to the forthcoming year and meeting lots of new people along the way at different events,” said the Morrisons shop assistant. “It is a great honour to be crowned Miss Beccles and such an achievement.
“I’d always lacked in confidence to do something like this, but I’m not now so I decided to go for it. I love Beccles and a little girl who came into my work thought I looked like a fairy princess so this made me decide to enter.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Beccles and her two Carnival Princesses, 13-year-old Hannah Borton and Bethany Newley aged nine, were selected by a panel of judges.
Annette Tackley, Beccles Carnival coordinator, said: “It was lovely to see two girls re-enter the princess competition again this year after not being successful in the past and then go on to win the titles.
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
“It shows if you re-enter you do stand a chance of getting picked the next year as we always have different judges.”
Beccles Lido will benefit from funds raised during Miss Beccles’ reign, while Hannah has chosen Rose Cottage Cat Rescue in Bungay as her charity and Bethany has chosen St Elizabeth Hospice.
Miss Beccles and her princesses will be taking pride of place at Beccles Carnival on August 15 and 16, leading the parade through the town.
If you would like Miss Beccles and her princesses to attend your event call 01502 715671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.