Memorial flight for Henham event
HALESWORTH Lions have achieved a coup as they finalise plans for their annual Wings and Wheels day at Henham Park in May.Attractions will include an appearance by the the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the historic aircraft formation comprising a Lancaster bomber flanked by Hurricane and Spitfire fighters from the second world war.
HALESWORTH Lions have achieved a coup as they finalise plans for their annual Wings and Wheels day at Henham Park in May.
Attractions will include an appearance by the the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the historic aircraft formation comprising a Lancaster bomber flanked by Hurricane and Spitfire fighters from the second world war.
It should help to boost the attendance considerably and Paul Martin, one of the organisers, is delighted.
“This is an absolutely marvellous sight and one not to be missed,” said Lion Mr Martin.
You may also want to watch:
This is the fifth year that Halesworth Lions have held the event, the fourth time running at the magnificent Henham Park and every year gets bigger and better.
“Along with the memorial flight we have the return of Team Guinot Wing Walkers.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
“Not only can you watch their acrobatic display, but you can get up close and personal and talk to the wing walkers and pilots.
“For the first time there will be main- ring entertainment with the Stannage Motorcycle Stunt Team and Razz the Clown performing throughout the day,” said Mr Martin.
“There are already more than 50 light aircraft booked to fly in and land. With the runway turned 90 degrees, more planes can land and it also means we have even more room for the vast number of vintage and veteran vehicles.
“There will be a huge array of trade stands, demonstrations, games and rides including hovercraft rides to join the train rides and model-boat displays, and the chance to win a car courtesy of M R Kings and Son,” said Mr Martin.
It is all happening on Sunday, May 11 at Henham Park, near Southwold, just off the A12, from 10am. Entry costs only £5 for adults and £2.50 for under- 14s.It promises to be a great family day out. For more information and to book trade stands or enter your cherished vehicle, visit www.wingsandwheels-online.co.uk
Halesworth Lions is a small local Lions club and all money raised from the event goes to charity. An event of this size takes a lot of financial outlay and the Lions are appealing to any company which could become a sponsor to contact Mr Martin on 01986 872710 or via the website above.