Michael Jackson, Cliff Richard and Paddington all feature at Loddon Flower Club 60th bash
- Credit: Archant
A village flower club has celebrated 60 years in style.
Loddon Flower Club celebrated the milestone and celebrated this with a Flower Festival held over three days from 21st to 23rd September at Holy Trinity Church, Loddon.
The theme was “The 1950’s”, with lots of displays depicting the year of 1958 which included Lego, Paddington Bear, Blue Peter, American Express, Reebok running shoes, Bunty and the start of Cliff Richard’s singing career.
Other highlights included Prince Charles becoming Prince of Wales, Madonna and Michael Jackson, who were both born in 1958.
Tricia Loades, Flower Festival Committee member, said the team had worked hard over the weekend as well as the run up to the festival and all Loddon Flower Club members and friends had made the event extra special.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the weekend will be given to Parkinson’s UK and Loddon Church.
Loddon Flower Club meet on the first Tuesday of the month from 7.15pm at Hobart High School, Kittens Lane, Loddon.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus