Michael Jackson, Cliff Richard and Paddington all feature at Loddon Flower Club 60th bash
- Credit: Archant
A village flower club has celebrated 60 years in style.
Loddon Flower Club celebrated the milestone and celebrated this with a Flower Festival held over three days from 21st to 23rd September at Holy Trinity Church, Loddon.
The theme was “The 1950’s”, with lots of displays depicting the year of 1958 which included Lego, Paddington Bear, Blue Peter, American Express, Reebok running shoes, Bunty and the start of Cliff Richard’s singing career.
Other highlights included Prince Charles becoming Prince of Wales, Madonna and Michael Jackson, who were both born in 1958.
Tricia Loades, Flower Festival Committee member, said the team had worked hard over the weekend as well as the run up to the festival and all Loddon Flower Club members and friends had made the event extra special.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the weekend will be given to Parkinson’s UK and Loddon Church.
Loddon Flower Club meet on the first Tuesday of the month from 7.15pm at Hobart High School, Kittens Lane, Loddon.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge