Missing cat found after two-week adventure
- Credit: Archant
A cat who went missing after escaping from its cage on the way to a cattery in Brampton has been found.
It happened as Jean Cushion, 82, and her 83-year-old husband Syd from Barnby in Suffolk were taking their cat Tommy to the cattery before going on holiday earlier this month.
Daughter Alison Clough carried out daily searches of the area and put up posters and flyers through people’s houses in a bid to find the grey and white, 13-year-old cat.
Exactly two weeks after he went missing, Mrs Clough got the call she had been waiting for to say Tommy had been found safe and well, although slightly thinner than he was before his two weeks in the wild.
She said: “I immediately rang me parents in their hotel to tell them - they were all packed and ready to come home.
You may also want to watch:
“Tommy is a bit clingy and nervous, but apart from that he’s no worse for wear after his own holiday away.”
- 1 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 4 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 7 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 10 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover