Missing cat found after two-week adventure
- Credit: Archant
A cat who went missing after escaping from its cage on the way to a cattery in Brampton has been found.
It happened as Jean Cushion, 82, and her 83-year-old husband Syd from Barnby in Suffolk were taking their cat Tommy to the cattery before going on holiday earlier this month.
Daughter Alison Clough carried out daily searches of the area and put up posters and flyers through people’s houses in a bid to find the grey and white, 13-year-old cat.
Exactly two weeks after he went missing, Mrs Clough got the call she had been waiting for to say Tommy had been found safe and well, although slightly thinner than he was before his two weeks in the wild.
She said: “I immediately rang me parents in their hotel to tell them - they were all packed and ready to come home.
You may also want to watch:
“Tommy is a bit clingy and nervous, but apart from that he’s no worse for wear after his own holiday away.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 3 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead