Missing cat found after two-week adventure
- Credit: Archant
A cat who went missing after escaping from its cage on the way to a cattery in Brampton has been found.
It happened as Jean Cushion, 82, and her 83-year-old husband Syd from Barnby in Suffolk were taking their cat Tommy to the cattery before going on holiday earlier this month.
Daughter Alison Clough carried out daily searches of the area and put up posters and flyers through people’s houses in a bid to find the grey and white, 13-year-old cat.
Exactly two weeks after he went missing, Mrs Clough got the call she had been waiting for to say Tommy had been found safe and well, although slightly thinner than he was before his two weeks in the wild.
She said: “I immediately rang me parents in their hotel to tell them - they were all packed and ready to come home.
You may also want to watch:
“Tommy is a bit clingy and nervous, but apart from that he’s no worse for wear after his own holiday away.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed