Missing kitten is reunited with owner after rooftop adventure
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A kitten whose Christmas wish came true when it was rescued from a roof in Beccles has now been reunited with its owner.
Minnie, a six-month old black and white kitten, went missing from her home in the town’s Fairfax Court on December 23.
She was spotted on a roof by people living in the nearby Kemps Lane who were able to get on to the roof and bring down the much-relieved kitten.
After failing to find her owners, she was taken in by Feline Care Cat Rescue and a Facebook message, shared more than 200 times, resulted in Minnie finally being reunited with owner Jenna Cable.
Ms Cable said: “I had let her out and when she did not come back we started looking for her.
You may also want to watch:
“My son Kian was really upset because she sleeps on his bed.
“We heard about the Facebook appeal to find Minnie’s owner and as soon as I saw her picture I knew it was her.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
“We have her mum too and they look identical.”
After a short stay with her rescue family, the lucky kitten was finally reunited with her mum and owners.
Ms Cable said: “She was absolutely fine and settled back in really quickly, although she hasn’t been outside yet.”
The kitten has now been micro chipped just in case she decides to go on another adventure.
More details about the work of Feline Care Cat Rescue is available at facebook.com/felinecarecatrescue or our website: www.felinecare.org.uk
Do you have a story for Beccles? Emails firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 712060 to speak to a reporter.