Missing kitten is reunited with owner after rooftop adventure
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A kitten whose Christmas wish came true when it was rescued from a roof in Beccles has now been reunited with its owner.
Minnie, a six-month old black and white kitten, went missing from her home in the town’s Fairfax Court on December 23.
She was spotted on a roof by people living in the nearby Kemps Lane who were able to get on to the roof and bring down the much-relieved kitten.
After failing to find her owners, she was taken in by Feline Care Cat Rescue and a Facebook message, shared more than 200 times, resulted in Minnie finally being reunited with owner Jenna Cable.
Ms Cable said: “I had let her out and when she did not come back we started looking for her.
You may also want to watch:
“My son Kian was really upset because she sleeps on his bed.
“We heard about the Facebook appeal to find Minnie’s owner and as soon as I saw her picture I knew it was her.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 9 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
“We have her mum too and they look identical.”
After a short stay with her rescue family, the lucky kitten was finally reunited with her mum and owners.
Ms Cable said: “She was absolutely fine and settled back in really quickly, although she hasn’t been outside yet.”
The kitten has now been micro chipped just in case she decides to go on another adventure.
More details about the work of Feline Care Cat Rescue is available at facebook.com/felinecarecatrescue or our website: www.felinecare.org.uk
Do you have a story for Beccles? Emails email@example.com or call 01502 712060 to speak to a reporter.