Motor neurone disease charity receives nearly £30,000 thanks to fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A glittering fundraiser saw tens of thousands raised for a charity supporting those with motor neurone disease (MND).
Nearly 200 guests gathered in Woodton on Monday, June 4, for an evening in aid of the MND Association’s Norfolk, Norwich and Waveney branch.
The event - attended by consultant neurologist David Dick from Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital - got under way with a sparkling wine and canape reception, before an entertaining performance from musical comedians Bounder and Cad.
There was also a speech from branch member Judy Burns-Thomson, who spoke about the devastating challenges faced by patients and families with MND.
Thanks to the evening’s auction and raffle, as well as donations prior to the event from friends of the branch, more than £28,000 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
The branch, including committee members Pat Amey, Paris Back, Janey Chadd, Jules Savory and Jane Wickstead - would like to thank its sponsors and the evening’s guests for their generosity.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?