Money changing scam in Bungay
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.
Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
One of the men selected a low value item and paid with a �20 note.
The second man then distracted a second member of staff and the first confused the first assistant by asking for further change. The men then left the shop and it was discovered that the assistant had been conned into handing over an extra �10.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was white, tall, of slim build and in his mid 40s to mid 50s wearing a beige/ green jacket, the second was plump, of similar age and wore a navy blue jacket. Both were described as unkempt.
Anyone with information about the two should call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 4 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks