Money changing scam in Bungay
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.
Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
One of the men selected a low value item and paid with a �20 note.
The second man then distracted a second member of staff and the first confused the first assistant by asking for further change. The men then left the shop and it was discovered that the assistant had been conned into handing over an extra �10.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was white, tall, of slim build and in his mid 40s to mid 50s wearing a beige/ green jacket, the second was plump, of similar age and wore a navy blue jacket. Both were described as unkempt.
Anyone with information about the two should call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash