Money changing scam in Bungay
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.
Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
One of the men selected a low value item and paid with a �20 note.
The second man then distracted a second member of staff and the first confused the first assistant by asking for further change. The men then left the shop and it was discovered that the assistant had been conned into handing over an extra �10.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was white, tall, of slim build and in his mid 40s to mid 50s wearing a beige/ green jacket, the second was plump, of similar age and wore a navy blue jacket. Both were described as unkempt.
Anyone with information about the two should call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay on 01986 835300.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles