Money changing scam in Bungay
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
POLICE are urging shop workers to be alert after a money changing scam was used at a shop in Bungay.
Two men, both described as having strong northern accents, entered the store in Earsham Street on Saturday December 12.
One of the men selected a low value item and paid with a �20 note.
The second man then distracted a second member of staff and the first confused the first assistant by asking for further change. The men then left the shop and it was discovered that the assistant had been conned into handing over an extra �10.
You may also want to watch:
The first man was white, tall, of slim build and in his mid 40s to mid 50s wearing a beige/ green jacket, the second was plump, of similar age and wore a navy blue jacket. Both were described as unkempt.
Anyone with information about the two should call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay on 01986 835300.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough