More bad weather coming this week
MORE bad weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered Suffolk.According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
MORE bad weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered Suffolk.
According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
It follows a series of dramatic incidents this weekend, with strong winds ripping off roof tiles and damaging walls and trees. A mini-tornado in Lowestoft sent a large tree crashing down into the path of a car. The occupants escaped without serious injury.
John Law, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “It is going to stay very unsettled this week. There will be stronger winds coming through as we head into Wednesday and Thursday. It is going to be a very blustery week.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Law said there is “not an awful lot of rain” expected today but it is expected to rain overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. But he said the good news is that it will be “very mild” with temperatures at about 13c to 14c.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk