More events for Bungay’s Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Two events are being staged in Bungay next weekend ahead of the summer festival opening ceremony.
The Books in Bloom Flower Festival will open at St Mary’s Church on Friday, June 7, and run until Sunday, June 9.
The display, from Bungay Flower Club, will be open daily from 10am to 4pm, with free entry, and any donations going to Cancer Research UK and Action Medical Research.
The following day, Saturday, June 8, the annual Bungay Country Market will be held at the town’s Butter Cross.
The team will be offering homemade cakes, savouries, cookies and scones as well as homegrown plans, flowers and homemade crafts, from 8.30am to 1pm.
And at 11.45am, town reeve Mary Sprake and mayor Mary Matthews will hoist the Bigod flag at Bungay Castle to signal the start of the festival festivities.
Copies of the festival programme are available at a number of outlets in the town.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition