More events for Bungay’s Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Two events are being staged in Bungay next weekend ahead of the summer festival opening ceremony.
The Books in Bloom Flower Festival will open at St Mary’s Church on Friday, June 7, and run until Sunday, June 9.
The display, from Bungay Flower Club, will be open daily from 10am to 4pm, with free entry, and any donations going to Cancer Research UK and Action Medical Research.
The following day, Saturday, June 8, the annual Bungay Country Market will be held at the town’s Butter Cross.
The team will be offering homemade cakes, savouries, cookies and scones as well as homegrown plans, flowers and homemade crafts, from 8.30am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
And at 11.45am, town reeve Mary Sprake and mayor Mary Matthews will hoist the Bigod flag at Bungay Castle to signal the start of the festival festivities.
Copies of the festival programme are available at a number of outlets in the town.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed