More events for Bungay’s Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Two events are being staged in Bungay next weekend ahead of the summer festival opening ceremony.
The Books in Bloom Flower Festival will open at St Mary’s Church on Friday, June 7, and run until Sunday, June 9.
The display, from Bungay Flower Club, will be open daily from 10am to 4pm, with free entry, and any donations going to Cancer Research UK and Action Medical Research.
The following day, Saturday, June 8, the annual Bungay Country Market will be held at the town’s Butter Cross.
The team will be offering homemade cakes, savouries, cookies and scones as well as homegrown plans, flowers and homemade crafts, from 8.30am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
And at 11.45am, town reeve Mary Sprake and mayor Mary Matthews will hoist the Bigod flag at Bungay Castle to signal the start of the festival festivities.
Copies of the festival programme are available at a number of outlets in the town.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message