More help is needed to finish stage project at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Professional builders have completed their renovation work at Beccles Public Hall, and now the community has turned out to lend a hand with the project.
The stage has been raised and levelled and the back walls have been plastered.
And this week volunteers, including the Journal team, have been helping paint, tidy and do basic woodwork jobs.
But there is still a lot to do at the hall before it reopens on September 3 - and the hall team are hoping more volunteers will come forward this week to help out.
Treads, deck, walkways and curtain tracks need installing, steps need building and trolleys need putting together among other jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Public Hall director with a remit for building Terry Dentith is overseeing the work. He said: “We’ve had a relatively small number of people that have worked very hard, but if more people could come along they would be most welcome.
“There is a lot that needs to be done - everything from cleaning and tidying up to woodwork.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
“Everyone is welcome and all training will be given.”
Anyone who can help out for an hour or more is asked to go to the Public Hall in Smallgate between 10am and 3pm next Tuesday and Friday or call the hall on 01502 770060. Does your project need support from the community? Email the details to email@example.com or call 01502 715674.