More help is needed to finish stage project at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Professional builders have completed their renovation work at Beccles Public Hall, and now the community has turned out to lend a hand with the project.
The stage has been raised and levelled and the back walls have been plastered.
And this week volunteers, including the Journal team, have been helping paint, tidy and do basic woodwork jobs.
But there is still a lot to do at the hall before it reopens on September 3 - and the hall team are hoping more volunteers will come forward this week to help out.
Treads, deck, walkways and curtain tracks need installing, steps need building and trolleys need putting together among other jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Public Hall director with a remit for building Terry Dentith is overseeing the work. He said: “We’ve had a relatively small number of people that have worked very hard, but if more people could come along they would be most welcome.
“There is a lot that needs to be done - everything from cleaning and tidying up to woodwork.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
“Everyone is welcome and all training will be given.”
Anyone who can help out for an hour or more is asked to go to the Public Hall in Smallgate between 10am and 3pm next Tuesday and Friday or call the hall on 01502 770060. Does your project need support from the community? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 715674.