More road closures in Beccles to install solar farm cables
More roads have been closed in Beccles to install HV cables to serve Playters Solar Farm at Ellough.
Ellough Road, south of the junction with Cedar Drive, and the B1127 Benacre Road, near the Church Road junction, have been closed off, while work is carried out.
The work started on Friday and is expected to continue until Monday, September 14.
Diversions are in place.
There are also road works at Kemps Lane, between Cromwell Avenue and Darby Road, for cables to be installed. The work started yesterday and is due to be finished on September 22.
You may also want to watch:
The work is being carried out by Suffolk County Council.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 8 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead