More road closures in Beccles to install solar farm cables
More roads have been closed in Beccles to install HV cables to serve Playters Solar Farm at Ellough.
Ellough Road, south of the junction with Cedar Drive, and the B1127 Benacre Road, near the Church Road junction, have been closed off, while work is carried out.
The work started on Friday and is expected to continue until Monday, September 14.
Diversions are in place.
There are also road works at Kemps Lane, between Cromwell Avenue and Darby Road, for cables to be installed. The work started yesterday and is due to be finished on September 22.
You may also want to watch:
The work is being carried out by Suffolk County Council.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency