More snow predicted
SHIVERING Suffolk could yet face another dusting of snow, forecasters warned today.Experts gloomily predicted wintry showers were on the way to the east coast, bringing with them strengthening winds and overnight frosts.
SHIVERING Suffolk could yet face another dusting of snow, forecasters warned today.
Experts gloomily predicted wintry showers were on the way to the east coast, bringing with them strengthening winds and overnight frosts.
Suffolk had been enjoying a refreshingly bright spell of weather without the threat of the heavy snowfall we were becoming accustomed to in recent weeks.
The general sentiment from forecasters for the upcoming few days is to wrap up against below average temperatures and prepare for the possibility of more dull and drizzly weather.
You may also want to watch:
Cloud is expected to swamp the county today, bringing with it light rain or drizzle during the afternoon.
Winds will likely gain strength as the day rolls on and temperatures will gradually drop going into tomorrow morning, when predicted wintry showers will arrive.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 3 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
It will remain nippy with sunny spells and but periods of rain or sleet are expected overnight.
Yesterday began deceptively bright and clear but became forebodingly overcast going in to the evening when cloud brought spots of light rain towards the north of the county.
It's all leading up to what experts reckon will be a period of early sleet or snow on Friday.
Things will brighten up and we look to be going into the weekend with some sunshine, but scattered wintry showers may well persist.
Forecasters said the outlook for the early part of next week is again chilly with overnight frosts and more rain, sleet or snow showers possible on the east coast although it should be drier inland.
Rain is expected to move our way from the west on Monday but things will brighten up on Tuesday with drier conditions but a slight risk of colder temperatures.