More snow predicted
SHIVERING Suffolk could yet face another dusting of snow, forecasters warned today.Experts gloomily predicted wintry showers were on the way to the east coast, bringing with them strengthening winds and overnight frosts.
SHIVERING Suffolk could yet face another dusting of snow, forecasters warned today.
Experts gloomily predicted wintry showers were on the way to the east coast, bringing with them strengthening winds and overnight frosts.
Suffolk had been enjoying a refreshingly bright spell of weather without the threat of the heavy snowfall we were becoming accustomed to in recent weeks.
The general sentiment from forecasters for the upcoming few days is to wrap up against below average temperatures and prepare for the possibility of more dull and drizzly weather.
You may also want to watch:
Cloud is expected to swamp the county today, bringing with it light rain or drizzle during the afternoon.
Winds will likely gain strength as the day rolls on and temperatures will gradually drop going into tomorrow morning, when predicted wintry showers will arrive.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Deadly wartime bombing raids on churches remembered
It will remain nippy with sunny spells and but periods of rain or sleet are expected overnight.
Yesterday began deceptively bright and clear but became forebodingly overcast going in to the evening when cloud brought spots of light rain towards the north of the county.
It's all leading up to what experts reckon will be a period of early sleet or snow on Friday.
Things will brighten up and we look to be going into the weekend with some sunshine, but scattered wintry showers may well persist.
Forecasters said the outlook for the early part of next week is again chilly with overnight frosts and more rain, sleet or snow showers possible on the east coast although it should be drier inland.
Rain is expected to move our way from the west on Monday but things will brighten up on Tuesday with drier conditions but a slight risk of colder temperatures.