More than £2,000 raised for village hall at May Day Fete
- Credit: Archant
The May bank holiday was greeted with cheer and morris dancing in a Suffolk village.
Rumburgh’s Pleasure Ground hosted one of the the hottest May Day Fetes ever on Bank Holiday Monday.
Crowds from the village and the surrounding area turned out in their summer finery to enjoy the usual entertainment of maypole dancing and morris.
More than £2,000 was raised for Rumburgh and St Michael Village Hall funds with the committee of the village hall grateful for all of the support shown by residents and visitors.
A spokesman for the village hall said: “The committee would like to thank all the helpers, the raffle donators, refreshments volunteers, musicians and everyone who came along to make the day so splendid.”
You may also want to watch:
Do you have any events coming up at the next bank holiday weekend in the Waveney area? Let us know by emailing email@example.com or write to us at 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB,
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion