Mother and daughter expand hot meal service
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter team are expanding their north Suffolk meals service for the elderly and people with disabilities.
Sandy Camp and her daughter Lisa started up The Hot Meal Service three years ago at premises on the Southwold Road Industrial Park at Holton, near Halesworth, delivering to customers’ homes in the town and surrounding villages.
Now thanks to the success of the project, they are preparing to expand by launching sister company Micro Meals on Wheels to serve Beccles, too, with chilled meals that can be reheated when needed.
Mrs Camp said: “Neither of us are trained chefs, but what we can do is cook a good family meal – we just do what we do at home but we just cook more.
“We are passionate about what we do and feel frustrated that some of our elderly community are not eating well.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the meals service telephone 01986 835895.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays