Mother and daughter expand hot meal service
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter team are expanding their north Suffolk meals service for the elderly and people with disabilities.
Sandy Camp and her daughter Lisa started up The Hot Meal Service three years ago at premises on the Southwold Road Industrial Park at Holton, near Halesworth, delivering to customers’ homes in the town and surrounding villages.
Now thanks to the success of the project, they are preparing to expand by launching sister company Micro Meals on Wheels to serve Beccles, too, with chilled meals that can be reheated when needed.
Mrs Camp said: “Neither of us are trained chefs, but what we can do is cook a good family meal – we just do what we do at home but we just cook more.
“We are passionate about what we do and feel frustrated that some of our elderly community are not eating well.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the meals service telephone 01986 835895.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch