Mother set to lose her locks for children’s charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A young mother is going to lose her locks for charity to donate to ill youngsters
Shawnice Seager, 22, of Aldeby, has signed up to have at least seven inches of her hair cut off for the Little Princess Trust, a charity which creates wigs for children who have lost their hair through cancer treatment.
And Miss Seager, who is expecting her second child, has also vowed to raise the £350 it costs the charity to turn the hair into a wig.
She said: “The minimum I’m going to get cut off is seven inches but it will depend on how brave I am feeling.
“I wanted to raise money for this cause as no child going through chemotherapy or any other hair losing condition deserves to lose their confidence as well as there childhood due to an illness.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t do it for my first pregnancy but I started thinking about doing it for this one and thought it was a really good idea.
“When I was 15-years-old one of my best friends had an illness which led to them having to go through chemotherapy and losing their hair which was hard.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 8 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
“I am due for my second baby in August and when you have a baby it is not like you have much time for your hair so why have it when you can donate to a charity like this.”
The Little Princess Trust was created in 2005 when a young girl called Hannah lost her battle with cancer.
Miss Seager will be having her hair cut on June 6, and is accepting donations for the charity up until July 7.
So far Miss Seager has raised £75 out of a targeted £350. Her partner Martin Power will be holding a raffle ticket collection to help raise money for the fund.
Donations can be made by visiting https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/ShawniceSeager1
Are you raising any money for a cause? Email email@example.com