Motorists hurt in accident
TWO motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft yesterday.A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.
TWO motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft yesterday.
A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.
Emergency services were called to the scene, where a man in his 60s had to be released from the Peugeot. The 42-year-old female driver of the Ford was released by fire fighters from her car, which was stuck in a ditch by the side of the road.
Both motorists were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston. Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until nearly 3.30pm and traffic travelling towards Lowestoft was diverted via North Cove.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers