Motorists hurt in accident
TWO motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft yesterday.A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.
TWO motorists were taken to hospital after a crash on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft yesterday.
A grey Peugeot 306 and a red Ford Mondeo were in collision on the Beccles Road at Barnby just after 1pm.
Emergency services were called to the scene, where a man in his 60s had to be released from the Peugeot. The 42-year-old female driver of the Ford was released by fire fighters from her car, which was stuck in a ditch by the side of the road.
Both motorists were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston. Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until nearly 3.30pm and traffic travelling towards Lowestoft was diverted via North Cove.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 4 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage