MP nominates Sibton White Horse chef for prestigious parliamentary prize
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Coastal MP Therese Coffey has nominated a chef in her constituency for a parliamentary award.
Dr Coffey put forward Richard Grinyer, of the Sibton White Horse, for the 2017/18 Parliamentary Pub Chef of the Year award.
The award, sponsored by Nestl Professional and run by the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) and All Party Parliamentary Beer Group, will be presented in February at the House of Commons.
Mr Grinyer, who said he was “delighted” to have been nominated, shared credit with owners Neil and Gill Mason, whose “passion and vision” also helped win the Sibton White Horse the Good Pub Guide’s dining pub of the year award.
Dr Coffey said: “I’m delighted to nominate Richard Grinyer for a Pub Chef Award.
You may also want to watch:
“The Sibton White Horse is a lovely country pub on the Suffolk coast serving outstanding food cooked with passion.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed