Mum loses nearly four stone to get into dream dress
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles slimmer has discovered less is more after losing nearly four stone to achieve her dream weight.
Sally Hodge joined Slimming World last January and dropped three dress sizes in just 10 months.
Having struggling with her weight after the birth of her children and a busy lifestyle, the last straw was trying to find an evening dress to wear to a dinner dance.
She said: “The idea of fitting into an evening dress horrified me especially as many of the people there were going to be old friends I’d not seen in years. I saw an advert for my local Slimming World group and decided that was it, I was going along.”
Sally follows the Food Optimising eating plan, which encourages slimmers to fill up on satisfying yet healthy everyday foods.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The plan is so flexible, my family eat the same food as me and my daughters have several favourites such as sweet and sour chicken, meatballs and pasta and pizza topped chicken.
“I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 12 and it’s made such a huge difference – it’s changed my life. I’ve got so much more energy and I feel so much more healthy and comfortable in my clothes. My recent health check showed my weight, BMI, cholesterol and blood pressure were spot on.”
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
Joanna Britton, who runs the Beccles and Worlingham group that Sally attends, said: “I’m so proud of Sally. Not only does she look fabulous, she’s improved her health and is bursting with energy. She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women in Beccles to change their lives in the same way. It can be hard to admit that you need to do something about your weight and to ask for help, but I think Sally shows just what’s possible when you do.”
The Beccles Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 10am and noon at St Luke’s Church while the Worlingham group meets every Tuesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Worlingham Primary School. To join call 07789 740467 or 01502 717868.