Mum loses nearly four stone to get into dream dress
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles slimmer has discovered less is more after losing nearly four stone to achieve her dream weight.
Sally Hodge joined Slimming World last January and dropped three dress sizes in just 10 months.
Having struggling with her weight after the birth of her children and a busy lifestyle, the last straw was trying to find an evening dress to wear to a dinner dance.
She said: “The idea of fitting into an evening dress horrified me especially as many of the people there were going to be old friends I’d not seen in years. I saw an advert for my local Slimming World group and decided that was it, I was going along.”
Sally follows the Food Optimising eating plan, which encourages slimmers to fill up on satisfying yet healthy everyday foods.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The plan is so flexible, my family eat the same food as me and my daughters have several favourites such as sweet and sour chicken, meatballs and pasta and pizza topped chicken.
“I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 12 and it’s made such a huge difference – it’s changed my life. I’ve got so much more energy and I feel so much more healthy and comfortable in my clothes. My recent health check showed my weight, BMI, cholesterol and blood pressure were spot on.”
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published
Joanna Britton, who runs the Beccles and Worlingham group that Sally attends, said: “I’m so proud of Sally. Not only does she look fabulous, she’s improved her health and is bursting with energy. She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women in Beccles to change their lives in the same way. It can be hard to admit that you need to do something about your weight and to ask for help, but I think Sally shows just what’s possible when you do.”
The Beccles Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 10am and noon at St Luke’s Church while the Worlingham group meets every Tuesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Worlingham Primary School. To join call 07789 740467 or 01502 717868.