Museums to put on special summer events, workshops and trails
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Exciting events, activities, workshops and trails are being offered at museums across Suffolk throughout the summer holidays.
There will be arts and crafts, archeological digs, science workshops, giant craft fairs, amazing collections and discovery trails, running from July 22 to August 31.
And the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum in Flixton, Beccles Museum and Halesworth Museum are all taking part.
Next Sunday, July 24, there is a family fun day at the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, with activities on offer including swing dancing, simulator flying and a BBMF Spitfire flypast. It takes place from 11am to 4pm.
The following Sunday, July 31, the Waveney Valley and District Preservation Society will be hosting a day of family fun at the museum with bygones, working engines and cars from the Lowestoft Classic Vehicle Club. The event will run from 10am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Families can also join the museum for talks, tours and trips on Mondays and Tuesdays, with a chance to have a go at starting a jet fighter, visit an Anderson shelter and much more.
Beccles Museum will be the venue for drop in discovery trails throughout the summer holidays for children, aged four to 12, where youngsters will be able to pick up a detective kit and hunt for the special hands-on objects in the museum.
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
Halesworth Town Trail is available at the town’s museum for children aged eight to 14, where you can borrow one of the explorer backpacks and become a detective to discover the hidden side of Halesworth. People are asked to call 07552508893 beforehand to check availability.
A drop in pirate trail will also be on for children to explore the pirates lurking in the display cases and discover the treasures they are guarding.
To find out more about what’s on offer and the other museums in Suffolk taking part, visit http://suffolkmuseums.org/museums/pack-more-into-your-summer-holidays-with-suffolk-museums/
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com