Museums to put on special summer events, workshops and trails
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Exciting events, activities, workshops and trails are being offered at museums across Suffolk throughout the summer holidays.
There will be arts and crafts, archeological digs, science workshops, giant craft fairs, amazing collections and discovery trails, running from July 22 to August 31.
And the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum in Flixton, Beccles Museum and Halesworth Museum are all taking part.
Next Sunday, July 24, there is a family fun day at the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, with activities on offer including swing dancing, simulator flying and a BBMF Spitfire flypast. It takes place from 11am to 4pm.
The following Sunday, July 31, the Waveney Valley and District Preservation Society will be hosting a day of family fun at the museum with bygones, working engines and cars from the Lowestoft Classic Vehicle Club. The event will run from 10am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Families can also join the museum for talks, tours and trips on Mondays and Tuesdays, with a chance to have a go at starting a jet fighter, visit an Anderson shelter and much more.
Beccles Museum will be the venue for drop in discovery trails throughout the summer holidays for children, aged four to 12, where youngsters will be able to pick up a detective kit and hunt for the special hands-on objects in the museum.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
Halesworth Town Trail is available at the town’s museum for children aged eight to 14, where you can borrow one of the explorer backpacks and become a detective to discover the hidden side of Halesworth. People are asked to call 07552508893 beforehand to check availability.
A drop in pirate trail will also be on for children to explore the pirates lurking in the display cases and discover the treasures they are guarding.
To find out more about what’s on offer and the other museums in Suffolk taking part, visit http://suffolkmuseums.org/museums/pack-more-into-your-summer-holidays-with-suffolk-museums/
Have you got a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org