Musical extravaganza to boost appeal for new Halesworth support centre
- Credit: Archant
A musical extravaganza will be held next month to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Halesworth Community Nursing Care Fund (HCNCF), with proceeds going towards the charity’s £714,000 appeal to build an innovative new Information and Support Centre (ISC) in the town.
The Music in the Garden event will be held on September 6 in Wissett, with live music from Jack Pescod and Hannah Vogt, The Climax Jazz Quartet, Bob and John Linney, Mojo Mechanics and The Occasionals.
There will also be a grand auction with prizes including a stay at a holiday cottage in Southwold and a personal tour of military equipment collector Bruce Crompton’s Second World War vehicles, which have featured in films such as Saving Private Ryan and Fury starring Brad Pitt.
HCNCF launched the appeal at the start of June and hope to build the new centre on land next to Cutlers Hill Surgery. It will provide information and support closer to home for people who have been diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
Ted Edwards, ISC chairman, said: “We are really looking forward to this musical extravaganza, which will be packed-full of entertainments and promises something for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
“We are incredibly grateful to everyone who has helped organise the event or donated a prize for the auction or raffle. There are some fantastic lots on offer and we are hoping for some fierce bidding on the night! We’d also like to pass on our thanks to Kath and Alan Witherby for hosting the event for us at Rydal Mount.
“We hope as many people as possible snap up a ticket for this charity event and bring us one step closer to our vision of creating this valuable centre which will provide vital support for local people when they need it the most.”
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 4 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 5 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 6 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 7 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 8 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 9 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 10 Suffolk's Red Rooster music festival WILL go ahead over August Bank Holiday
The event will be held at Rydal Mount in Grays Lane from 2pm to 9pm, and will also include a bar, barbecue, raffle, hog roast, stalls and games. Tickets cost £5 with children under five free, available from Cafe Frappa, Halesworth Book Shop, and Tillys, all in Halesworth, or by calling Barbara Kell on 01986 785391 or Jane Edwards on 01986 784393. Visit www.halesworthhealth.org/information-and-support-centre