New 60 bedroom care home ‘tops out’ at old The Dell site
- Credit: Archant
A care company are celebrating the topping out of the roof to a new 60 bedroom care home in Beccles.
Dell House, which is replacing the demolished The Dell off Nelson Way in the town, began construction in June 2017.
Director of Cygnet Care, Robert Blackham, said: “The Dell has always had a good reputation, however the building was sadly no longer fit for the future and it was our wish, to build a wonderful new home that will continue to serve the elderly people of Beccles and surrounding areas.”
Sally Crawford, director at Cygnet Care, trained at The Dell and worked as a care assistant at the care home more than 30 years ago.
She said: “I have very happy memories of my time at The Dell and very proud to think a small organisation like ours is taking on this responsibility of developing a new Dell House.”
You may also want to watch:
Dell House is due to open in January 2019.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom