New 60 bedroom care home ‘tops out’ at old The Dell site
- Credit: Archant
A care company are celebrating the topping out of the roof to a new 60 bedroom care home in Beccles.
Dell House, which is replacing the demolished The Dell off Nelson Way in the town, began construction in June 2017.
Director of Cygnet Care, Robert Blackham, said: “The Dell has always had a good reputation, however the building was sadly no longer fit for the future and it was our wish, to build a wonderful new home that will continue to serve the elderly people of Beccles and surrounding areas.”
Sally Crawford, director at Cygnet Care, trained at The Dell and worked as a care assistant at the care home more than 30 years ago.
She said: “I have very happy memories of my time at The Dell and very proud to think a small organisation like ours is taking on this responsibility of developing a new Dell House.”
You may also want to watch:
Dell House is due to open in January 2019.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles