New 60 bedroom care home ‘tops out’ at old The Dell site
- Credit: Archant
A care company are celebrating the topping out of the roof to a new 60 bedroom care home in Beccles.
Dell House, which is replacing the demolished The Dell off Nelson Way in the town, began construction in June 2017.
Director of Cygnet Care, Robert Blackham, said: “The Dell has always had a good reputation, however the building was sadly no longer fit for the future and it was our wish, to build a wonderful new home that will continue to serve the elderly people of Beccles and surrounding areas.”
Sally Crawford, director at Cygnet Care, trained at The Dell and worked as a care assistant at the care home more than 30 years ago.
She said: “I have very happy memories of my time at The Dell and very proud to think a small organisation like ours is taking on this responsibility of developing a new Dell House.”
You may also want to watch:
Dell House is due to open in January 2019.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?