New company hopes to keep pool open
THE Friends of Beccles Pool are in the process of forming a new company so that they could take over the management of Beccles Open Air Swimming Pool.Beccles Lido Ltd, which will be registered as a company next week, will be run by the Friends as a separate business in order to keep the pool open.
THE Friends of Beccles Pool are in the process of forming a new company so that they could take over the management of Beccles Open Air Swimming Pool.
Beccles Lido Ltd, which will be registered as a company next week, will be run by the Friends as a separate business in order to keep the pool open.
The Friends will present their business plan to Beccles Town Council on Thursday January 8, which has yet to declare its position on the swimming pool, and it hoped that the company will be able to secure grants to keep the pool open.
Waveney District Council has stated that it will not open the pool next year. However, it is working closely with the Friends to determine if it can be saved and opened under the management of the newly formed company.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Lido Ltd will be run by Friends Shaun Crowley, Maureen Saunders and Suzanne Gibbons.
Shaun Crowley said: “It is clear from the surveys we have done that the people of Beccles want to save their pool, and that with the support and backing of Waveney District Council and Beccles Town Council we can not only save it, but turn it into a top class leisure facility of which Beccles can be proud.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
The Friends are still looking for people who wish to help. If you would like to come on board in any capacity please contact the chairman, Maureen Saunders on email@example.com or telephone 01502 714911.
Maureen Saunders said: “We have had several offers of help over the past two weeks but are still looking for people with legal, financial and building skills to give us a little of their time and expertise to keep our costs down, or to serve as trustees on the board.”
The final decision on the future of the pool will be taken at a meeting of the cabinet of Waveney District Council on January 29.