New Council forum in Beccles
BECCLES will tomorrow host the first in a series of new community engagement events organised by Waveney District Council.The events are based on the old “Local Area Forums,” which were held to encourage community discussion, but have now have a more flexible format that will enable organisers to hold them at a wide range of venues.
BECCLES will tomorrow host the first in a series of new community engagement events organised by Waveney District Council.
The events are based on the old “Local Area Forums,” which were held to encourage community discussion, but have now have a more flexible format that will enable organisers to hold them at a wide range of venues.
The Beccles event will take place in Beccles Town Centre tomorrow from 10am until 2pm, where some of the issues dealt with will include Beccles Public Hall, the Beccles Sports Complex Project, Beccles Quay and the Yacht Station.
The Police Safer Neighbourhood Team and representatives from Waveney Community Forum will join Waveney's local Councillors and officers at the event.
Jo McCallum, Rural Officer with Waveney District Council said: “This is an excellent opportunity for local people to come along and get advice or discuss issues and concerns. We want local people to feel comfortable in raising issues that are important to them. Sometimes a formal meeting is not the best way to do this.”
Cllr Chris Punt, who is Chair of the Beccles Forum added: “I'm delighted that Beccles will be the first to host one of these new format community forums. We understand that it is often difficult for people to take time out of their busy schedules and so we are trying to take these events to the people. We will be ready and waiting in the centre of Beccles to offer our support and listen to what residents have to say.
- 1 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 4 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 5 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 6 Boost for Beccles Men's Shed with grant funding donation
- 7 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 10 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
“It's not often that you get the chance to meet representatives from a range of organisations in one place.”
For further information on Community Engagement Forums, please contact Jo McCallum, Link Officer (Rural) 01502 523186, Stuart Halsey, Link Officer (Lowestoft) 01502 523354.