New Council forum in Beccles
BECCLES will tomorrow host the first in a series of new community engagement events organised by Waveney District Council.The events are based on the old “Local Area Forums,” which were held to encourage community discussion, but have now have a more flexible format that will enable organisers to hold them at a wide range of venues.
BECCLES will tomorrow host the first in a series of new community engagement events organised by Waveney District Council.
The events are based on the old “Local Area Forums,” which were held to encourage community discussion, but have now have a more flexible format that will enable organisers to hold them at a wide range of venues.
The Beccles event will take place in Beccles Town Centre tomorrow from 10am until 2pm, where some of the issues dealt with will include Beccles Public Hall, the Beccles Sports Complex Project, Beccles Quay and the Yacht Station.
The Police Safer Neighbourhood Team and representatives from Waveney Community Forum will join Waveney's local Councillors and officers at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Jo McCallum, Rural Officer with Waveney District Council said: “This is an excellent opportunity for local people to come along and get advice or discuss issues and concerns. We want local people to feel comfortable in raising issues that are important to them. Sometimes a formal meeting is not the best way to do this.”
Cllr Chris Punt, who is Chair of the Beccles Forum added: “I'm delighted that Beccles will be the first to host one of these new format community forums. We understand that it is often difficult for people to take time out of their busy schedules and so we are trying to take these events to the people. We will be ready and waiting in the centre of Beccles to offer our support and listen to what residents have to say.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
“It's not often that you get the chance to meet representatives from a range of organisations in one place.”
For further information on Community Engagement Forums, please contact Jo McCallum, Link Officer (Rural) 01502 523186, Stuart Halsey, Link Officer (Lowestoft) 01502 523354.