New Halesworth play equipment proves to be a hit with town’s children
- Credit: Nick Butcher
After months of fundraising and weeks of work, youngsters in Halesworth finally got to try out the town’s new playground for themselves.
Jane Kircher launched the Grandparents and Parents Play Association (GAPPA) in September 2014.
The group hoped to improve play facilities in the town and create an area which was accessible for all children, as well as other members of the family.
And the new playground, which has cost about £42,000, includes a scramble climbing frame, slide and nest swing and disabled accessible roundabout.
Mrs Kircher said: “The park has been packed. I’ve been at the school during the week and children have been asking their parents if they can go.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great meeting place and to see all of them is so lovely. It’s amazing.
“It is just wonderful to see whole families down there.”
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
The grand opening for the park will be held during a special family fun day on May 29.
During the event, which runs from noon to 4pm, there will be a bar, barbecue, stalls and more.
Admission to the event is free and all are welcome.
Any charities who would like to have a free stall at the fun day should send their name and contact details to email@example.com with ‘GAPPA Fun Day’ in the subject line.
Are you organising a special event in Halesworth? Call 01502 715674 to speak to a reporter.