New keep fit equipment unveiled at Beccles Lido ahead of opening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the opening of Beccles Lido next month, with some exciting new facilities being installed.
This week the lido team unveiled the new all-weather exercise equipment, which includes an arm and pedal bike, air walker and elliptical cross trainer.
It was paid for with a grant from Community Action Suffolk’s HealthEast Healthy Communities Fund, along with a £1,000 donation from Beccles man Douglas Peck, which paid for the all-weather surface for the equipment.
The money was presented to Mr Peck, 86, by the High Sheriff of Suffolk, who gave him a Lifetime Achievement award for his dedication to Beccles. Mr Peck said he was “honoured” to donate the money in support of the hard work of all the lido volunteers.
The equipment has been designed and developed by sports and exercise professionals to provide strength, cardiovascular and flexibility, as well as balance and co-ordination for all the major muscle groups.
You may also want to watch:
It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Lido director Maureen Saunders said: “We have installed many facilities for the youngsters but we have wanted for a long time to do something for our silver surfers, and we hope that this new equipment will extend the range of exercise that they can enjoy at the lido.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
Beccles Lido will be reopening on Saturday, May 28.
Anyone who would like to help with the final preparations can call the lido 01502 714911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.