New keep fit equipment unveiled at Beccles Lido ahead of opening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the opening of Beccles Lido next month, with some exciting new facilities being installed.
This week the lido team unveiled the new all-weather exercise equipment, which includes an arm and pedal bike, air walker and elliptical cross trainer.
It was paid for with a grant from Community Action Suffolk’s HealthEast Healthy Communities Fund, along with a £1,000 donation from Beccles man Douglas Peck, which paid for the all-weather surface for the equipment.
The money was presented to Mr Peck, 86, by the High Sheriff of Suffolk, who gave him a Lifetime Achievement award for his dedication to Beccles. Mr Peck said he was “honoured” to donate the money in support of the hard work of all the lido volunteers.
The equipment has been designed and developed by sports and exercise professionals to provide strength, cardiovascular and flexibility, as well as balance and co-ordination for all the major muscle groups.
You may also want to watch:
It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Lido director Maureen Saunders said: “We have installed many facilities for the youngsters but we have wanted for a long time to do something for our silver surfers, and we hope that this new equipment will extend the range of exercise that they can enjoy at the lido.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Beccles Lido will be reopening on Saturday, May 28.
Anyone who would like to help with the final preparations can call the lido 01502 714911 or email email@example.com.