New keep fit equipment unveiled at Beccles Lido ahead of opening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the opening of Beccles Lido next month, with some exciting new facilities being installed.
This week the lido team unveiled the new all-weather exercise equipment, which includes an arm and pedal bike, air walker and elliptical cross trainer.
It was paid for with a grant from Community Action Suffolk’s HealthEast Healthy Communities Fund, along with a £1,000 donation from Beccles man Douglas Peck, which paid for the all-weather surface for the equipment.
The money was presented to Mr Peck, 86, by the High Sheriff of Suffolk, who gave him a Lifetime Achievement award for his dedication to Beccles. Mr Peck said he was “honoured” to donate the money in support of the hard work of all the lido volunteers.
The equipment has been designed and developed by sports and exercise professionals to provide strength, cardiovascular and flexibility, as well as balance and co-ordination for all the major muscle groups.
You may also want to watch:
It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Lido director Maureen Saunders said: “We have installed many facilities for the youngsters but we have wanted for a long time to do something for our silver surfers, and we hope that this new equipment will extend the range of exercise that they can enjoy at the lido.”
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
Beccles Lido will be reopening on Saturday, May 28.
Anyone who would like to help with the final preparations can call the lido 01502 714911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.