New keep fit equipment unveiled at Beccles Lido ahead of opening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the opening of Beccles Lido next month, with some exciting new facilities being installed.
This week the lido team unveiled the new all-weather exercise equipment, which includes an arm and pedal bike, air walker and elliptical cross trainer.
It was paid for with a grant from Community Action Suffolk’s HealthEast Healthy Communities Fund, along with a £1,000 donation from Beccles man Douglas Peck, which paid for the all-weather surface for the equipment.
The money was presented to Mr Peck, 86, by the High Sheriff of Suffolk, who gave him a Lifetime Achievement award for his dedication to Beccles. Mr Peck said he was “honoured” to donate the money in support of the hard work of all the lido volunteers.
The equipment has been designed and developed by sports and exercise professionals to provide strength, cardiovascular and flexibility, as well as balance and co-ordination for all the major muscle groups.
You may also want to watch:
It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Lido director Maureen Saunders said: “We have installed many facilities for the youngsters but we have wanted for a long time to do something for our silver surfers, and we hope that this new equipment will extend the range of exercise that they can enjoy at the lido.”
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
Beccles Lido will be reopening on Saturday, May 28.
Anyone who would like to help with the final preparations can call the lido 01502 714911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.