New keep fit equipment unveiled at Beccles Lido ahead of opening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Final preparations are under way for the opening of Beccles Lido next month, with some exciting new facilities being installed.
This week the lido team unveiled the new all-weather exercise equipment, which includes an arm and pedal bike, air walker and elliptical cross trainer.
It was paid for with a grant from Community Action Suffolk’s HealthEast Healthy Communities Fund, along with a £1,000 donation from Beccles man Douglas Peck, which paid for the all-weather surface for the equipment.
The money was presented to Mr Peck, 86, by the High Sheriff of Suffolk, who gave him a Lifetime Achievement award for his dedication to Beccles. Mr Peck said he was “honoured” to donate the money in support of the hard work of all the lido volunteers.
The equipment has been designed and developed by sports and exercise professionals to provide strength, cardiovascular and flexibility, as well as balance and co-ordination for all the major muscle groups.
It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Lido director Maureen Saunders said: “We have installed many facilities for the youngsters but we have wanted for a long time to do something for our silver surfers, and we hope that this new equipment will extend the range of exercise that they can enjoy at the lido.”
- 1 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 3 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 4 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 5 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 6 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 8 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 9 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 10 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
Beccles Lido will be reopening on Saturday, May 28.
Anyone who would like to help with the final preparations can call the lido 01502 714911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.