New maps launched in National Bike Week
- Credit: Archant
Beccles and Bungay Cycle Strategy group is very pleased and proud to announce the latest production of the revised set of cycling maps for the Waveney Valley area.
Visit the local libraries and bike shops and pick up a set of six cycling loop and cycling route maps of the area which cover:
The Three Rivers – Beccles and Loddon loop with Reedham spur, 23miles
Marshes and Lanes – Beccles and Bungay loop via Ringsfield an Geldeston, 17 miles
The Brewery Tour – Bungay and Homersfield Loop, 13 miles
You may also want to watch:
The Beccles South Tour – Beccles South Loop, 19 miles with spur to Halesworth
The Saints – Bungay South loop,16 miles with link to Homersfield
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
Beccles to Southwold using National Cycle Network Route 31- 13.5 miles of idyllic countryside and Southwold as the destination which is a new destination for the project.
To help celebrate Bike Week everyone is invited to join members of the cycle strategy group for a cycle ride to the Duke William Tea Rooms in Metfield.
Please meet up at Pinetrees, Park Drive, Beccles, on Sunday at 9.15am for a special celebratory ride. For those who wish to join us in Bungay, please meet at the Buttercross from 10.30am, leaving at 10.45am.
“We have been bowled over by the popularity of these Waveney Valley cycling maps by locals and tourists. How nice that we have such wonderful cycling routes in this part of the country.
“Look for the new Halesworth Wheel coming soon,” said Sue Bergin, secretary, BBCS.
Also celebrating National Bike Week a cycle ride has been organised from Bungay tomorrow.
A Summer Solstice evening ride, leaving Bungay Butter Cross at 6pm tomorrow, to ride through the lanes to Geldeston Locks for food and drink, retracing to be in Bungay by 10pm (later if you wish to stay on later). You will need a roadworthy bike and lights. The pace with be leisurely and everyone is welcome.
Further information contact Margaret Sheppard 01986 892907.