New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- Credit: Mick Howes
A new drive-through restaurant is set to open in a coastal town today (Wednesday).
More than 55 jobs will be created as the brand-new McDonald’s restaurant opens at the site off Mill Road at Horn Hill in Lowestoft.
Branding, signs and logos have appeared on the new McDonald’s restaurant in the past few weeks, which is set to open at the site on Kirkley Rise at 11am on April 21.
The drive-through outlet of the fast-food restaurant chain is set to open following significant investment from local franchisee Lee Sparkes.
For now, the new restaurant will be operating with takeaway, Drive-Thru and McDelivery only, with dine-in paused as Government restrictions are in place.
You may also want to watch:
It will open with several measures in place to help keep employees and customers safe.
The development will be the third McDonald's operating in Lowestoft, with other restaurants on Arbor Lane in Pakefield and London Road North in Lowestoft town centre.
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting