New photography business in Beccles
A SINGLE mum in Beccles has started up a photography business aimed at other time-constrained mums and young families.Louise Walpole, a mother of two who lives in Douglas Place, uses a portable studio so she can take the shoot to families who might not have the time or money to invest in a visit to a studio.
A SINGLE mum in Beccles has started up a photography business aimed at other time-constrained mums and young families.
Louise Walpole, a mother of two who lives in Douglas Place, uses a portable studio so she can take the shoot to families who might not have the time or money to invest in a visit to a studio.
Louise Walpole Photographers also offers other photography, always taking the shoot to the customer.
The idea of a portable studio was born from her own experience.
You may also want to watch:
She explained: “I suppose, being a mum, I've drawn on what I was looking for round here but could never find.
“I realised how difficult it is to get them in a studio, and sometimes they don't feel comfortable. People feel more comfortable and relaxed in their own homes.”
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
Louise prides herself on capturing natural pictures of children rather than getting them to pose artificially. “I try and get more of them laughing and giggling, rather than the whole posed portrait thing,” she said. “It's about catching their little faces: their youthfulness and innocence.”
Louise, 36, started the business last year but decided only recently to go full-time with it.
She quit her job as a senior area manager at The Body Shop two months ago to dedicate herself to the business, pandering to a lifelong passion for photography.
She has been all over the area with her portable studio and has been offering family portraits at Moo Play Farm at Halesworth and Adventure Island in Lowestoft.
Louise offers wedding, pet and lingerie photography, and, as a make-up artist, offers photo-shoot makeovers.
“Some people have their friends round and have a girly evening with wine and their own personal photo shoot,” she said.
Louise will be at Moo Play Farm tomorrow from 11am to 2pm, then on Tuesday from 10am to 1pm and on Wednesday, March 25 from 11am to 2pm.
Her website, which will be up and running in two weeks time, is Louisewalpolephotographers.co.uk, and she can be contacted on 07789 935891.