New police sergeant in Loddon area
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).
Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
He comes to the area with eight years experience of policing in Staffordshire Constabulary, where he was a response officer in urban and rural areas. Sgt Lowndes-Smith has worked closely with NPTs in his last role in Staffordshire and welcomes the challenges ahead in Norfolk.
Sgt Lowndes-Smith said: “I am looking forward to forging links with the community and partners in the neighbourhood. I will be working with my team of three Police Constables and three Police Community Support Officers to further reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in the Loddon vicinity.”
You may also want to watch:
The former Loddon Sgt Jim Heath has started his new role as the Sergeant for Wymondham NPT.
Loddon NPT is encouraging residents to come along to their regular police surgeries, where residents get the chance to meet the team and express their community concerns.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
The police surgery takes place every Wednesday between 11am-12noon at Loddon Library, Church Plain, Loddon.
To contact Loddon NPT call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com.