New police sergeant in Loddon area
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).
Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
He comes to the area with eight years experience of policing in Staffordshire Constabulary, where he was a response officer in urban and rural areas. Sgt Lowndes-Smith has worked closely with NPTs in his last role in Staffordshire and welcomes the challenges ahead in Norfolk.
Sgt Lowndes-Smith said: “I am looking forward to forging links with the community and partners in the neighbourhood. I will be working with my team of three Police Constables and three Police Community Support Officers to further reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in the Loddon vicinity.”
The former Loddon Sgt Jim Heath has started his new role as the Sergeant for Wymondham NPT.
Loddon NPT is encouraging residents to come along to their regular police surgeries, where residents get the chance to meet the team and express their community concerns.
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 3 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 6 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 7 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
The police surgery takes place every Wednesday between 11am-12noon at Loddon Library, Church Plain, Loddon.
To contact Loddon NPT call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.