New police sergeant in Loddon area
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
A NEW Sergeant has been appointed to lead the Loddon Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).
Sergeant Peter Lowndes-Smith will be covering the rural area of Loddon within the South Norfolk district.
He comes to the area with eight years experience of policing in Staffordshire Constabulary, where he was a response officer in urban and rural areas. Sgt Lowndes-Smith has worked closely with NPTs in his last role in Staffordshire and welcomes the challenges ahead in Norfolk.
Sgt Lowndes-Smith said: “I am looking forward to forging links with the community and partners in the neighbourhood. I will be working with my team of three Police Constables and three Police Community Support Officers to further reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in the Loddon vicinity.”
You may also want to watch:
The former Loddon Sgt Jim Heath has started his new role as the Sergeant for Wymondham NPT.
Loddon NPT is encouraging residents to come along to their regular police surgeries, where residents get the chance to meet the team and express their community concerns.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
The police surgery takes place every Wednesday between 11am-12noon at Loddon Library, Church Plain, Loddon.
To contact Loddon NPT call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.