New president for Bungay Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Michael Ingram has been installed as the new president of Bungay Rotary Club.
He was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Jonathan Watts at the change-over meeting at the Buck Inn at Flixton, and said he was looking forward to his year of office and taking the club forward.
He thanked club members for the way in which he had been helped and advised since being invited to join nearly four years ago.
Born in Worcestershire, Mr Ingram joined the forces on leaving school and trained as a medical technician before serving in various parts of the world for 26 years.
On leaving the forces in 1983 he joined the ambulance service and worked in Hampshire, Lancashire and Suffolk before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
“My only regret is not coming to Suffolk 30 years ago,” he said.
Terry Reeve was installed as the club’s vice president for the coming year.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day