New president for Bungay Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Michael Ingram has been installed as the new president of Bungay Rotary Club.
He was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Jonathan Watts at the change-over meeting at the Buck Inn at Flixton, and said he was looking forward to his year of office and taking the club forward.
He thanked club members for the way in which he had been helped and advised since being invited to join nearly four years ago.
Born in Worcestershire, Mr Ingram joined the forces on leaving school and trained as a medical technician before serving in various parts of the world for 26 years.
On leaving the forces in 1983 he joined the ambulance service and worked in Hampshire, Lancashire and Suffolk before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
“My only regret is not coming to Suffolk 30 years ago,” he said.
Terry Reeve was installed as the club’s vice president for the coming year.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital