New president for Bungay Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Michael Ingram has been installed as the new president of Bungay Rotary Club.
He was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Jonathan Watts at the change-over meeting at the Buck Inn at Flixton, and said he was looking forward to his year of office and taking the club forward.
He thanked club members for the way in which he had been helped and advised since being invited to join nearly four years ago.
Born in Worcestershire, Mr Ingram joined the forces on leaving school and trained as a medical technician before serving in various parts of the world for 26 years.
On leaving the forces in 1983 he joined the ambulance service and worked in Hampshire, Lancashire and Suffolk before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
“My only regret is not coming to Suffolk 30 years ago,” he said.
Terry Reeve was installed as the club’s vice president for the coming year.
- 1 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 2 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients