New president for Bungay Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Michael Ingram has been installed as the new president of Bungay Rotary Club.
He was presented with the badge of office by outgoing president Jonathan Watts at the change-over meeting at the Buck Inn at Flixton, and said he was looking forward to his year of office and taking the club forward.
He thanked club members for the way in which he had been helped and advised since being invited to join nearly four years ago.
Born in Worcestershire, Mr Ingram joined the forces on leaving school and trained as a medical technician before serving in various parts of the world for 26 years.
On leaving the forces in 1983 he joined the ambulance service and worked in Hampshire, Lancashire and Suffolk before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
“My only regret is not coming to Suffolk 30 years ago,” he said.
Terry Reeve was installed as the club’s vice president for the coming year.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham