New support evening to stop smoking
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The evening clinics will begin on Thursday, February 18 and have been set up for smokers who have struggled to join one of the day courses.
Vicki Snelgrove, tobacco control commissioning advisor for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, added: “The Stop Smoking Team offers free support for those people keen to quit. We know many smokers have found it difficult to fit in work and go along to a clinic so we have opened up another session to help those who may like to join.
You may also want to watch:
“The service is free, but smokers can also get nicotine replacement therapy and access to stop smoking medication at the cost of a prescription - just over �7. This is far cheaper than buying your own.
“The Stop Smoking Team is a dedicated service offering flexible support and one to one help. Tuesday evening sessions are also offered at the team's office in Police Station Road in Lowestoft and at Gorleston Library as well as through telephone support.”
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
Anyone keen to sign up for the Thursday evening session at the centre in Pasteur Road can call 01493 418290. Anyone interested in the other sessions or to find out more about the stop smoking service text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.
Miss Snelgrove added: “Smokers are four times more likely to quit if they do it through a NHS service.”
If you are thinking about stopping smoking text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.