New support evening to stop smoking
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The evening clinics will begin on Thursday, February 18 and have been set up for smokers who have struggled to join one of the day courses.
Vicki Snelgrove, tobacco control commissioning advisor for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, added: “The Stop Smoking Team offers free support for those people keen to quit. We know many smokers have found it difficult to fit in work and go along to a clinic so we have opened up another session to help those who may like to join.
“The service is free, but smokers can also get nicotine replacement therapy and access to stop smoking medication at the cost of a prescription - just over �7. This is far cheaper than buying your own.
“The Stop Smoking Team is a dedicated service offering flexible support and one to one help. Tuesday evening sessions are also offered at the team's office in Police Station Road in Lowestoft and at Gorleston Library as well as through telephone support.”
- 1 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 2 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 7 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
Anyone keen to sign up for the Thursday evening session at the centre in Pasteur Road can call 01493 418290. Anyone interested in the other sessions or to find out more about the stop smoking service text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.
Miss Snelgrove added: “Smokers are four times more likely to quit if they do it through a NHS service.”
If you are thinking about stopping smoking text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.