New support evening to stop smoking
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
SMOKERS keen to quit are being offered support at a new evening clinic.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team is starting a new evening clinic on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm at the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The evening clinics will begin on Thursday, February 18 and have been set up for smokers who have struggled to join one of the day courses.
Vicki Snelgrove, tobacco control commissioning advisor for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, added: “The Stop Smoking Team offers free support for those people keen to quit. We know many smokers have found it difficult to fit in work and go along to a clinic so we have opened up another session to help those who may like to join.
You may also want to watch:
“The service is free, but smokers can also get nicotine replacement therapy and access to stop smoking medication at the cost of a prescription - just over �7. This is far cheaper than buying your own.
“The Stop Smoking Team is a dedicated service offering flexible support and one to one help. Tuesday evening sessions are also offered at the team's office in Police Station Road in Lowestoft and at Gorleston Library as well as through telephone support.”
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
Anyone keen to sign up for the Thursday evening session at the centre in Pasteur Road can call 01493 418290. Anyone interested in the other sessions or to find out more about the stop smoking service text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.
Miss Snelgrove added: “Smokers are four times more likely to quit if they do it through a NHS service.”
If you are thinking about stopping smoking text Quit to 65000 or call 01493 452067.