New town logo for Halesworth hopes to ‘promote extra footfall’
- Credit: Archant
A new town logo has been unveiled for Halesworth in Suffolk, with the hopes of improving footfall to the town’s struggling marketplace.
The new logo, designed by Suffolk designers Yellobelly, is a letter 'H' filled with symbols representing the "culture and heritage" of the town.
It was commissioned by the Halesworth Tourism Group and supported by Suffolk ProHelp, a countywide network of businesses proving professional services free of charge to voluntary organisations.
"It gives the town a corporate identity," said Kate Button of the Halesworth Tourism Group.
"It represents wildlife, and all the independent retailers in the town. All market towns are struggling right now and we hope it will increase footfall."
You may also want to watch:
The logo is available on 100pc natural cotton bags, currently sold at Black Dog antiques, for only £2.
However, the tourism board say anyone interested in using the logo can have it for free, simply by getting in touch with them.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property