New town logo for Halesworth hopes to ‘promote extra footfall’
- Credit: Archant
A new town logo has been unveiled for Halesworth in Suffolk, with the hopes of improving footfall to the town’s struggling marketplace.
The new logo, designed by Suffolk designers Yellobelly, is a letter 'H' filled with symbols representing the "culture and heritage" of the town.
It was commissioned by the Halesworth Tourism Group and supported by Suffolk ProHelp, a countywide network of businesses proving professional services free of charge to voluntary organisations.
"It gives the town a corporate identity," said Kate Button of the Halesworth Tourism Group.
"It represents wildlife, and all the independent retailers in the town. All market towns are struggling right now and we hope it will increase footfall."
You may also want to watch:
The logo is available on 100pc natural cotton bags, currently sold at Black Dog antiques, for only £2.
However, the tourism board say anyone interested in using the logo can have it for free, simply by getting in touch with them.
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools