New town logo for Halesworth hopes to ‘promote extra footfall’
- Credit: Archant
A new town logo has been unveiled for Halesworth in Suffolk, with the hopes of improving footfall to the town’s struggling marketplace.
The new logo, designed by Suffolk designers Yellobelly, is a letter 'H' filled with symbols representing the "culture and heritage" of the town.
It was commissioned by the Halesworth Tourism Group and supported by Suffolk ProHelp, a countywide network of businesses proving professional services free of charge to voluntary organisations.
"It gives the town a corporate identity," said Kate Button of the Halesworth Tourism Group.
"It represents wildlife, and all the independent retailers in the town. All market towns are struggling right now and we hope it will increase footfall."
You may also want to watch:
The logo is available on 100pc natural cotton bags, currently sold at Black Dog antiques, for only £2.
However, the tourism board say anyone interested in using the logo can have it for free, simply by getting in touch with them.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed