New venue for third Rose May Fete
- Credit: James Bass
The third Rose May fete will be held next month - with organisers promising it will be better than ever.
After attracting 1,000 people last year, the event has been moved from Ringsfield Village Hall’s grounds to Bungay Football Club in the hope that more people will attend.
In addition to a line-up of local singers and bands, there will be craft stalls and a bouncy castle for children, and the popular dog show will once again make an appearance.
And a new attraction has been added to the fete, which takes place on Monday, May 4, with people able to show their classic, vintage or modified cars.
Denise Feek, one of the event organisers, said: “It’s a great day for all the family to enjoy in the sunshine and listen to some live music by some very talented young people. With it being entry via donation it doesn’t make it an expensive day out.
You may also want to watch:
“The cars will give people something else to look at during the fully packed day of entertainment.”
A car boot sale will be held before the fete with the field open from 8.30am to 9.30am. The price is £5 per car or £7 per van.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Gates for the fete will open from 10am to 5pm.
Anyone who would like to show their vehicle, or have a stall should contact Denise on 01986 894831 or email email@example.com.