New wines on offer at vineyard as owners get set for summer tours
- Credit: Archant
A vineyard whose debut wines sold out within just five months is launching its 2017 vintage to coincide with the start of the summer tour season.
Earsham-based Flint Vineyard, which opened to the public last spring, will be launching two new wines this Easter including the winery’s first ever rosé as well as a red Pinot Noir.
Completing the trio of 2017 wines is the vineyard’s signature Bacchus, which is the grape variety that won Flint Vineyard East Anglian Wine of the Year in 2017.
And due to the popularity of last year’s vineyard and winery tours, which attracted more than 600 visitors, this summer the attraction has increased its Saturday offering to include a morning and an afternoon tour.
Also new for 2018 is a 15-mile lunch, which will showcase the finest local producers, all located within 15 miles of the vineyard.
You may also want to watch:
On the menu is Baron Bigod Brie from Fen Farm Dairy in Bungay, St Jude cheese from White Wood Diary also in Bungay, Marsh Pig charcuterie from Claxton and artisan bread from Hempnall Village Bakery.
Hannah Witchell, who runs the vineyard with her husband Ben, said: “This is going to be a really exciting year for us.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
“Having seen the demand last year for premium local wines as well as people’s desire to come and see where the wines are made, this year we have doubled our production and will also be offering an additional Saturday afternoon tour.”
In 2016, the duo produced 8,000 bottles of wine, and have doubled production for this year’s offerings after selling out of their 2016 vintage in just five months.
This year’s guided tours, which last approximately two hours, will be led by winemaker Mr Witchell and include a visit to the vineyards with views over Earsham and Bungay, a detailed explanation of the winemaking process and finish with a tutored tasting of Flint Vineyard’s 2017 vintage.
Tours and tastings are available every Saturday from 10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm and can be booked online at www.flintvineyard.com or by calling 01986 893209.